Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, register for a event, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
Users can always refuse to supply identifiable information, except for the purpose of workshop or educational programme registration or engagement in certain Site related activities.
Personal information from social network accounts
If you connect your account with us to a social network account, such as Google, we will collect your personal information from the social network. We will do this in accordance with the privacy settings you have chosen on that social network.
The personal information that we may receive includes your name, ID, user name, handle, profile picture, gender, age, language, list of friends or follows and any other personal information you choose to share.
We use the personal information we receive from the social network to create a profile for you on our platform and connect you to your submissions.
If you agree, we may also use your personal information to give you updates on the social network which might interest you. We will not post to your social network without your permission.
Data use regarding Google
We use Google’s Application Programming Interface (API
) Service to grow our digital brand, process payments for you, store data securely and helps us build and develop our platform.
Our use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy
, including the Limited Use requirements (set out in the Google API Services User Data Policy).
We limit our use of the personal information that we collect to providing or improving our Services. We do not use the personal information for any other purposes.
We only transfer the personal information to others if it is necessary to provide or improve our Services or as necessary to comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets where we notify you of this.
We do not use or transfer the personal information for serving ads, including retargeting, personalised or interest based advertising.
These restrictions apply to the raw data we obtain from the restricted scopes and data that is aggregated, anonymised or derived from them.
We have policies and procedures in place setting out appropriate safeguards for protecting your personal information obtained with the Google APIs. We will also ensure that our employees, agents, contractors and successors comply with the Google API Services Data Policy.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
• Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
• Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
How we use collected information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to access and use our Services, including to provide you with a login;
• your contact details, including email address, street address and/or telephone number;
• to provide our Services to you, including to provide your details to recruiters with your consent;
• to enable you to access and use our associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
• for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
• for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
• for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
• to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
• if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
• if otherwise required or authorised by law.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may also partner with selected third-party vendors, such as Google and Facebook, to allow tracking technologies on the Site through the use of first- and third-party cookies. These allow us to analyze and track the use of the Site and better understand online activity; collected information, which includes but is not limited to age, gender, and interests, will not be linked to any identifiable information.
We use the following cookies:
• Essential cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of the Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of the Services, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise, and count the number of, visitors and to see how visitors move around the Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Services works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These cookies enable us to recognise you when you return to the Services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for related purposes.You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Services.
Note that when third parties are collecting information about you, those third parties are acting as controllers in their own right (i.e. they are not acting on our behalf).
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.